Today's been relaxing, if a bit busy, and I'm so blessed my daughter loves school!
We did two lessons from Answers for Preschoolers today. My daughter really does love that curriculum! (so do I, no having to plan, just do what's written, and since it's from Answers in Genesis I know I can completely trust it!) Since we took a couple days off this past week and did multiple lessons on other days, that means we did five lessons this week, making us sort of "on track". Not that I'm tracking or anything *grins*. We re-learned the letter Bb, reviewed the number 1, colored some triangles, we finished our number train, and I was reminded that my daughter really does have a prodigious memory. It's been three days since we read the story of The Country Mouse and the City Mouse and when I asked her the questions about it, she answered them all correctly and when I purposely made a wrong statement, she not only told me I got it wrong, but told me the right version! I must say, I'm inordinately proud of her :). We read Where Do Babies Come From? (selectively, of course) since my daughter's been having lots of questions about how baby gets out, how does the baby get in, and all kinds of fun things. I must say, this pregnancy has been a great science lesson!
The past couple of days were a bit rough. I've been hormonal and emotional and just wanting to cry. But, we're surviving, and so far seem none the worse for wear. I'm feeling some better today, just really tired. The baby has definitely dropped, now if only she'd drop all the way out.
We made some lego animals, and my daughter took the leftover legos and made Noah's Ark, one of her favorite things to make and talk about. We watched some 3-2-1 Penguins and 6 Short Days, 1 Big Adventure!, cuddled and cross-stitched. My daughter likes to "help" by pulling the needle out for me. It may take a bit longer, but she feels so useful and it's teaching her to be careful, since she MUST follow my directions in order to "help" me *smiles*.
No comments:
Post a Comment