Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 2

Well, today starts day two of fever, movies and cuddling. Yesterday we spend most of the day on the couch, watching Veggie Tales and 321 Penguins. My daughter actually fell asleep laying against me twice yesterday! Believe me, that's an incredible rarity! But then again, so is her just laying on the couch and watching movies. Usually, if a movie's on, she's running around, in and out of the room and only half paying attention to the TV, along with asking three billion questions (or what feels like that amount *grins*) We did manage to go get groceries yesterday, and despite how my daughter was feeling, she did superb at the store - no whining, arguing or anything! I was quite proud of her! We read a few books yesterday (her new favorite is an interactive timeline of Narnia, flaps to open, pop-ups, tabs to pull...lots of fun!)

Today is yet another day of the same, except that my daughter's feeling a bit better - enough to ask questions, not be laying down all the time, and wanting to eat! Now mama has a fever, though :(. Ah well, better me than her! Last night, I sent daddy to McDonald's to get a couple smoothies to throw in the freezer for today, my daughter has eaten (and kept down) half of one. That makes me so happy! I'm just glad she's feeling so much better!

Since daddy is out of town this weekend, I promised my daughter pizza and rootbeer. I guess she really is feeling better, because she's holding me to it! We're just making a cheese pizza, so I threw a bit of garlic, olive oil and basil on top. Garlic makes everything better :). I also promised her a "spa day" tomorrow, guess we'll have to see how we're feeling. There's nothing my daughter loves more than soaking her feet and getting a pedi/mani and "helping" give one to mama.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Save me a bit of pizza! Make sure you girly's are resting and drinking plenty!

    ReplyDelete