This morning I woke up craving - of all things - watermelon. So after breakfast and a bit of school we ran to the store to get some (we also got strawberries, grapes, sourdough bread, some popsicles and a veggie tray). We came home and had bread, grapes and watermelon while watching Winnie-the-Pooh....super fun and yummy :).
Today we learned more about Jesus and God and their relationship in the third lesson of Answers for Preschoolers. We reviewed that God and Jesus are One and that They created everything together. We also started making a "counting train". There's an engine and a car for each number 1-10 (it came with blank ones to make it go up to 20, I discovered I'm not very good at making bubble numbers today *grins*). So far my daughter has colored the engine and numbers 1-3. I figure it will be a fun, several day project that will help with number recognition and counting. My daughter can count with confidence up to 14, but then 15-20 start to really confuse her - really, fifteen doesn't sound like it "goes" with five, ya know? Once she gets into the 20s again, it's much easier since it's back to saying one-two-three etc instead of changing the whole word :). She's also learning about homes/houses (again). Today we talked about Heaven being God's Home. There's an art page with a rendering of Heaven, and she used glitter to make it all shiny and cotton balls for the clouds under the palatial dwelling. Obviously, we don't know what Heaven will be like, but it's fun to imagine and a fun art project.
We started to do a reading lesson, but it, for whatever reason, it didn't pan out, so we'll do it again tomorrow. Oh well, she's done alot today and I know I'm more stressed than normal (will this baby just make her appearance? lol) which is undoubtedly rubbing off on her. I'm just ready for this baby to pop out...really, she can come at ANY time and I'll be happy - the sooner the better! :)
We hung a few more pictures, did a bit of cleaning, laundry, dishes and relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment