A few things I'm thankful for:
- My little girl is getting so grown up - and I don't just mean in a physical sense. I was reading the other evening while she was watching a movie, earlier she had turned the lights out, but when she saw me reading, she ran to turn ALL the lights on so "mama could see to read"! I hugged her and told her how glad I was she was thinking about other people, how happy it made me that she was willing to give up what she wanted for other people. It was just the sweetest thing, her thinking of others *smiles*
- The fever is gone and the antibiotics seem to be working. My daughter's pretty much her normal self again, except she's still tired and whiny *grin*
- My daughter loves to be read to and cuddled (she also memorizes the books, so she can "read" them to "her baby" - despite this amazing feat of memory, she CANNOT, for the life of her, remember her own age)
- I have a great little helper, she loves to put the clothes in the washer (to her a game and fun) which frees me to go around the house making sure all the laundry is there ready to go in, or go do dishes (which is right next to the laundry area) or check on food, or whatever. She also loves to "help" by sweeping and doing other things (not such a help, but hey, I'd rather she do it and like it and get in the habit of it now than have to fight later *grin*)
- My daughters vivid imagination, she can play and entertain herself for hours *smile* (but she still needs me to help her find "missing" things that are right in front of her nose lol)
- That my daughter LOVES to bake and "create" in the kitchen. Yesterday, we made "leftover quiche", basically you just take whatever leftovers you have and use them as the quiche filling. Fun and tasty! :)
- My daughter's love for God. She asks some pretty hard questions, though! Which is also something I'm thankful for, since I refuse to just give "pat answers" it makes me have to study and pray!
- The desire my daughter has to learn to read. And she has a prodigious memory, which does make it a bit easier since she's actually remembering things. We hadn't done a reading lesson in nearly a week because of her illness, but she remembered the sounds and how to put them together. Before, if we'd have had a week break, we'd have had to go back several lessons to "catch up"
- I've exercised a few times this week! And it's helped the swelling in my ankles go down. Yoga seems to do that the best, but aerobic exercise seems to help some too :)
- We've had some amazing bonding times this past week, what with her being sick and discovering mama does know what she's talking about and that she needs me *grin*. And I was reminded how much I love her and need her, too. Sickness does have a way of reminding one of that fact!
- Morning Cuddles with my little girl
- We finally hung some more pictures that have been sitting in our closets. :)
Really, overall, it's been a good week, despite our rough weekend and the fact we're still recovering from it. I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's. I think I'm just where God wants me to be, doing what He wants me to do - raising a little girl (soon to be two) for His Glory and trying to live my life in a way that pleases and honors Him!
I LOVE this. God is so good! Thanks for the reminder to count my blessings.
ReplyDeleteLovely stuff :)
ReplyDelete