My little girl turned five yesterday! I can't believe she's so big! We started off the day with cuddles (as usual), then moved to the living room so she could find her presents. I sent my husband out the night before to get a big mylar birthday balloon. I piled all her presents onto a chair and we tied the balloon to the chair. Needless to say, my daughter was super excited to see such a huge balloon (she loves balloons, almost more than anything else lol). She took her time opening her presents, enjoying each one. I think her favorite may have been the pompoms...she kept grabbing them, shaking them and jumping. She got a couple games, a book, kaleidoscope, yo-yo (which she is still figuring out how to use), and a bunch of other odds and ends I've been picking up here and there. She had a blast opening and playing with them all. We had to read the book and play each of the games. I'm really glad she enjoys games!
The day before her birthday, we finished getting everything for her fish tank, including the fish. I had managed to keep things fairly cheap, but daddy went with us to Wal-Mart, and well, he's a gadget guy so we wound up spending quite a bit more *smiles*. It's OK though, my daughter got two of her favorite fish, which made her happy. For some reason, she fell in love with Black Moor fish, which really look like they're straight out of science fiction. They have giant bug eyes and feathery, wavy tails. Needless to say, it was really fun watching our daughter watch her fish. After they were *finally* in the tank, the first thing she wanted to do, naturally, was feed them. I think she may have put a bit too much food in there, because the water's a bit cloudy now, but it seems like it's gradually clearing up.
We didn't go to church, because when I woke up I wasn't sure whether I had pinkeye or not (I didn't, I think it was mascara that got into my eye the day before and just majorly irritated it. It was basically gone last night and is just fine this morning *smiles*)
For lunch we went to Red Robin, my daughter's meal of choice was hamburgers with fries while wearing a crown :). She looked absolutely adorable in the outfit she chose, a poofy black skirt with a leopard print, black sweatpants (it's cold here) a black shirt, pink furry half jacket, and her new pink monkey umbrella. Naturally, though, she only ate onion rings and her tomato, no hamburger *grins*.
We took her birthday cake to Cubbies so she could have a "cake party" as she styled it, with all her friends. I think she thoroughly enjoyed her day! And she said her favorite part was doing the cake at Cubbies, so I know insisting on her waiting for the cake was definitely the right idea :).
No comments:
Post a Comment