Friday, May 25, 2012

Shopping Day!

Since it's Memorial Weekend, my husband has a 96, which means he's off Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Since I needed to go grocery shopping and that's a nearly impossible feat by myself, I decided we'd go today. It's always a major trip, but since we're now vegetarian, I really needed to stock up on a few more essentials. My new favorite thing is making smoothies (sidenote: remember to tell my husband I want a VitaMix for my birthday), so I need lots of bananas. I was also almost out of flaxseed, since I toss some in my smoothie every day *smiles*. My sister-in-law told me Super Wal-Mart actually sells tofu (I can never find any at the grocery store down the street) and since I needed to get a couple more sleepers for the baby since she's graduated to size 3-6 mos at 3 weeks old, Super Wal-Mart was our destination.

My 5yo didn't want to go, but wanted to stay home and watch Star Wars - however, when she saw mama, daddy *and* her baby sister were all going, she changed her mind. She enjoyed helping me choose peppers, apples, bananas and olives. I also got LOTS of tomatoes since they're her favorite thing to eat - she eats them like they're apples, just takes a big juicy bite right out of them. She loves messing with fresh fruits and vegetables! We also got hummus, one of our favorite things to eat, so yummy!

I had to nurse the baby at Wal-Mart, would you believe people gave me disgusted looks and "whispered" things about how I ought to be doing that somewhere else? News flash, ya'll: totally normal and legal *grin*. I mean, it's not like I flashed the whole store! We were very discreet :).

After we got home, I made a quick dinner and my hubby took our 5yo to the park, while I got a bit of a rest since the baby was asleep - finally! She was awake from 8:30 to 1:30 with a tiny short 30 minute or so nap while we walked through Wal-Mart. I can't thank my other sister-in-law enough for giving me my wonderful Moby! That has been a LIFESAVER!!

I think tomorrow or Sunday we're going to try to go to the Greek Festival here - Greek food (baklava!!!!, of course, they also have ouzo, but between how nasty that tastes and the fact that I'm nursing, I don't plan on getting any of that lol) and dancing, which means I can introduce my daughters to part of their heritage, since I'm part Greek!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a lot of fun… Eating all those yummy foods!
    ~Aidyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love food, so have tons of fun creating and finding yummy foods, and my daughter definitely inherited that from me (when she eats, that is lol)

      Delete