Between lack of internet and general busy-ness, it's been a while since I've last posted :). We've been quite busy! We're using cloth diapers and homemade wipes part time (it depends on how I'm feeling for whether I can handle the extra laundry lol). We started doing school again this week, my 5yo is super excited about that - so excited, in fact, that we did two lessons today :). I imagine we'll just do school off and on throughout the summer, especially since she enjoys it so! Both my daughters enjoy being read to, we just finished a very old short story called The White Dove. My oldest enjoyed the story and the baby just enjoyed hearing mama's voice *grins*
We did have rather an adventure the other day - we ran to the store to get a few things (fortunately there's a Kmart right down the street). Since the baby was sleeping, I decided to leave her in her infant carrier and put that in the cart instead of using the moby. I got her (with her seat) out of the car and into the cart while my oldest decided to get out through the front passenger seat to be on the same side of the car as me. She closed the door and came over to the cart while I went to get the diaper bag - except, apparently, my daughter managed to hit the "lock" button on her way out. That meant I had no keys, phone, diapers or money. We went in to the customer service desk (I must say, the employees were super nice!) and used the phone to call my husband, who said he'd be there in 30 minutes. He wasn't. We had a cart full of stuff and a fussy, poopy baby - the most awkward part was definitely when she woke to nurse in the card aisle (hey, at least I have the Father's Day cards I needed now *grin*). When more than 30 minutes had passed, we went back to the courtesy desk to call my husband and see where he was. Apparently I'd misheard him, he'd been in a government vehicle, downtown in a meeting and had to go back to the office to get the keys to get into my vehicle. Now it turned into a race - who would get there first, my husband or my dad? We wandered around the store for a while longer, when I finally saw my dad at the front. We checked out, piled into his vehicle and went home. As soon as we got there, my husband called my dad and said he was almost at Kmart, so he just came straight home, got my dad and they went to rescue my vehicle. I was never so glad to be home. What was meant to be a 30 minute trip turned into an hour and half. In retrospect, though, it was pretty funny! I was laughing about it before my dad and husband even got back with my car (a whole 5 minute trip). Good memories, anyway :).
Speaking of memories, I ordered memory boxes for both my girls (since somehow I really didn't do one for my 5yo) and they arrived today! I filled my oldest's up and am in the process of filling the baby's *smiles*. I also got new scrapbooks, I'm pretty excited about starting to scrapbook again! I haven't done it in far too long. I got my 5yo a scrapbooking kit, a scrapbook for the baby and one for the year 2012. I have to say, I'm pretty excited! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment