Wednesday, May 2, 2012

PawPaw's Here!

This is actually from yesterday (May 1) but my computer wouldn't let me post and then the internet kept crashing, so, here it is a day late :)

Well, technically, he got in last night, at about eight-ish. My daughter was still awake, so I let her stay up for another hour since I knew she was WAAAAYYYYY too excited to go to sleep. I don't think she stopped talking the entire hour. She had to try to figure out how to condense two months into an hour, she did her best, and the result was hilarious - she talked over herself, repeated herself, cut some capers, all trying to show her excitment and demonstrate everything that's happened. She had to tell PawPaw about her party at Cubbies, how she kept calling one of the kids by the wrong name, how her fishy's keep dying "but we're going to get new ones to be there now", about our nature walk, arts and crafts....just everything. It was so hard not to just guffaw listening to her *smiles*. Because she was up so late, she slept in a bit this morning - I wish I could have! My big belly just won't let me. Hopefully, this new one will choose to make her appearance soon!!! When my daughter finally woke up today, she snuggled into me and we talked about different countries and languages and how they came about - a nice discussion about Babel first thing in the morning. Then, all of a sudden, out of the blue, she asked me "Is PawPaw still here?!?!?!" After I said yes, she was off like a shot! She had to re-tell PawPaw things, then make him watch one of her new 3-2-1 Penguins. While PawPaw cleaned out his truck, we did some school.

We did lesson 7 in our Answers for Preschoolers book. My daughter did lots of cutting and pasting with this lesson today. We're reviewing the numbers 1 and 2, along with the letter Bb. Fortunately, since she's enjoying it, I don't have to worry about her becoming bored since it certainly makes my life easier having everything all planned out for me! Yesterday on our nature walk, I found a small tree which I was able to pull up, roots and all, to use in today's lesson talking about the Trinity again! My daughter was VERY excited about the plant still having it's root system, she had to tell daddy last night when he got home, then PawPaw when he arrived, and again this morning. It was probably her favorite piece of "loot" from our walk yesterday *smiles*. We did Bible Numbers (from the lesson), number 2, read the story of Jacob and Esau being born and growing up in a tent. There were two 2's to cut out, a sand pail and shovel, then we glued them all on white construction paper, made faces, arms and a tent, and waalaa - Jacob and Esau playing as children *grins*

We ran to Wal-Mart to get some more plants, since all ours died thanks to the crazy weather! When we got home, my daughter decided she did NOT want to plant yet, so she and PawPaw played Chutes and Ladders while I ran to the grocery store to get some dill. After I got back, we planted all the flowers, tomatoes, peppers, romaine and collard greens. My daughter did love getting her hands dirty *smiles*.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are enjoying your Dads visit. Hopefully this Baby Girl wants to come out soon. I can't wait to help you out after she Arrives!

    Anna M

    ReplyDelete