Today, we read chapters 3, 4, and 5 in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and had Turkish Delight just like Edmund - except that ours wasn't enchanted to make us do bad things *smiles*. My poor daughter is very worried, we left the children just jumping into the Magical Wardrobe to get away from Mrs Macready and her band of tourists, and Edmund is still in the "employ" of the White Witch! She's very upset about Edmund and made sure that he WILL become good. I assured he that he does, but it takes a while. So she's content :) Our Turkish Delight came from Istanbul, so I'm not sure it's the exact kind Edmund would have eaten, but World Market is apparently having trouble with English imports :(. Fortunately, the Turkish Delight was still delicious. We got two different kinds: pistachio and rose/lemon. We've only had the pistachio thus far (and it claims to be the "original" kind, the company's been around since 1777). The pistachio kind was delicious, though!
We're also reading Jesus: He Lived Among Us from Voice of the Martyrs . My daughter's enjoying it. It's an account of Jesus' life told from John's perspective. We've read 5 chapters in that, also *smiles*.
As I'm sure you can tell, one of our favorite things to do is read. Even when mama's throat gets parched, my daughter just wants me to keep going and going and going. Fortunately, I enjoy it, and love watching her as she absorbs the story, characters and lessons contained therein!
I'm planning on starting a "letter of the week" and using D is for Dinosaur from Answers in Genesis for our letters and some activities. Each letter has a rhyme, a coloring page and an activity/devotional to go along with it. I figure that will give us plenty to do, especially since she's showing a strong interest in letters, what they're called and how they're used in words. I may even start Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons again. She really does want to read and is showing some signs she may be ready! I'll keep you all updated on that!
No comments:
Post a Comment