Okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but really, we accomplished so much today!!! We woke up, did Bible study, dressed, made our beds, brushed our teeth and hair and ate breakfast - all before 9 o'clock! By ten we'd cleaned and read, between 10 and 11 we did some coloring and more cleaning. We cleaned my daughter's room, washed her sheets and blankets, and even vaccuumed the floor! We cleaned the living room and now I have a spot for the baby swing. We also washed the new diapers that came in the mail yesterday! Then we ate lunch, watched a movie (not on the schedule, but still, it gave mama a rest *smiles*). After that, as I turned my back for not more than two minutes, my daughter managed to break - yes, BREAK! - a pillow. It was one of those squishy kinds that are filled with clingy white styrofoamish beads. There was a trail of those beads from her bedroom to the front door, with a side trail to the couch! That took a good fifteen minutes to clean since it was all over and so clingy! But it was a good lesson, and my daughter uncomplainingly helped clean it up, which impressed me beyond belief :).
After that, we made dinner, read a bit more, played. All in all, even though we didn't do the full day, we got so much more done than we would have without the schedule that I think I'll never be without one again!
Lol, I can see your little treasure breaking a pillow with ease. She is that kind of funny. I used to have to work to a flexi- semi-schedule to get anything done. They work pretty well.
ReplyDelete