Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Busy Busy

We've been keeping quite busy lately, we have started our plants in an indoor starter, gone on nature walks, bike rides, played games, hung out on the porch and read lots of (little kid type) books.

Today we went for a "little" bike ride since we couldn't find my daughters helmet, but it's a good thing we took a short ride - she was plumb tuckered out from the ride! She's not ridden in so long, she has to get her leg muscles used to it again! We just went down the street and kept stopping to look at flowers (can you believe they're here already!!!) and trees blooming. When we got back, we played bubbles on the porch for a while (another favorite thing *smiles*) then planted our "bucket garden". Since we're in an apartment we don't have a yard, so we went to Wal-Mart and bought flexi-tubs for around $5 each, drilled holes in them, filled them with dirt and put our started seeds in them! My daughter LOVES playing with/in dirt, so had a BLAST planting everything and spreading the dirt around. She also loves playing with her watering can, so she's the "official water-er of the bucket garden". We planted tomatoes, spinach, beans, peppers, and cucumbers for the vegetable part; cilantro, thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil, oregano, and dill for the herb portion - all of which are on the "back balcony"; and various different flowers to put on the front balcony. Our front balcony is where we mostly hang out, we have a bird feeder, bird bath and now flowers up there, I can't wait until the flowers bloom, I think it will look like a mini paradise - or at least as close as we can get on a small-ish balcony :).

We plan to start reading Prince Caspian soon. We meant to start it earlier, but we've been playing so much on the porch, it's kind of fallen to the wayside. Not that playing is a bad thing :) I just need to make sure we're reading in the morning while it's still cool instead of watching a movie *sheepish grin*.

I'm very nearly done with the cross-stitch blanket for the new baby! I just have to add the border, the grass and the backstitching...all the animals are done, the tree and leaves (which I was dreading most of all) are completed! Hopefully it won't take much longer! At least I know it will be done before baby gets here! *smiles*

Well, we're gonna go back to the great outdoors and enjoy the birds singing, beautiful sunshine and probably blow some more bubbles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment