Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of School

Yesterday was our "official" first day back after approximately a month off. What with all the moving, traveling and trying to get settled in I decided a month off was what I needed. Not that I had much rest during that time. We're using the
Answers in Genesis Answers for Preschoolers curriculum again. We didn't get a whole lot done last year, so we're going to be a little more focused this year. It helps that I have a strange child who loves doing school. The curriculum is absolutely awesome. It takes the whole school year to cover the 6 days of creation, focusing on all different types of plants, animals, the air, clouds, water, dry land, etc (yeah, I know I got them all out of order, but plants are on my mind since that's what we're studying right now). We're learning about how each plant has seeds to make more plants after their kind, what kinds are good for food, how the seed is protected and what parts we eat. My daughter is *finally* potty trained - and I know it's for real because we took a long road trip and she didn't have a single accident in the car and was mostly dry at night!

We've also decided to change our diet. We just started the Maker's Diet and are on day two. I've been exhausted because I've cold turkey cut out caffeine, processed sugar and processed foods. And there's this lovely green drink to take twice a day. Once I read there was cinnamon in it, though, it became more palatable *smiles*.

Oh, and one more thing, I'm planning on stealing alot of my SILs ideas from her blog! Thanks pyratess!

No comments:

Post a Comment